Back to How-to-guides map

Below you will find a high-level process map showing the various steps involved in updating your record should you get married.

Click on the numbers below to reveal more information about each step.

  • 1 You notify HR of your new surname

    If you get married you can update your surname (if required) online by logging in to Pru Select or GHO Select or by contacting your local HR representative. You may be required to provide documentary evidence (such as the marriage certificate).

  • 2 HR confirms your new surname to the Administration Team

    No action is required by you. HR will provide your new surname to the Administration Team as part of their monthly update.

  • 3 The Administration Team updates your record

    Once HR have confirmed your new surname to the Administration Team, your record will be updated.

  • 4 The Administration Team confirms the change

    You should receive a letter from the Administration Team confirming your surname has been changed. You can also visit MyPension to see if your surname has been updated.